Saoirse Kennedy Hill, 22, tragically passed away on August 1 after suffering an intended overdose at the Kennedy substance. Discover more regarding Robert F. Kennedy’s granddaughter, as well as the circumstance, below.
UPDATE, 11/1/19, 2:16 pm ET: Saoirse Kennedy Hillside’s reason of death has been exposed. The 22-year-old granddaughter of the late Robert F. Kennedy died of an unintended overdose from a harmful alcoholic drink of drugs, according to a coroner’s report, which comes three months after her death. The toxicology record discovered methadone, alcohol, and also prescription medicines in her system: fluoxetine, norfluoxetine, diazepam, and also nordazepam. Diazepam is used to deal with anxiousness; fluoxetine is an antidepressant. Methadone is used to deal with opioid dependency.
ORIGINAL: One more misfortune has fallen upon the Kennedy family members. The late Legislator Robert F. Kennedy‘s 22-year-old granddaughter, Saoirse Kennedy Hill, was noticable dead on August 1 after experiencing a supposed overdose at the famous Kennedy compound, the famous household house, in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts. Saoirse, that struggled with depression for several years, was the daughter of among RFK’s 11 kids, Courtney Kennedy Hillside, and ex-husband Paul Hill. Saoirse’s fatality was confirmed by the Kennedy household, the Hyannis authorities, and the Hyannis ADA. Below’s what you ought to know about Saoirse and what took place:
1. Saoirse’s unfortunate death was confirmed on August 2 in a declaration. “Our hearts are smashed by the loss of our cherished Saoirse,” the Kennedy family claimed in a declaration. “Her life was filled with hope, pledge and also love. She cared deeply concerning loved ones, specifically her mommy Courtney, her dad Paul, her stepmother Stephanie, as well as her grandmother, Ethel Kennedy. She illuminated our lives with her love, her peals of giggling and also her generous spirit. Saoirse was passionately relocated by the root causes of civils rights as well as females’s empowerment and also discovered fantastic pleasure in volunteer job, functioning along with aboriginal areas to build schools in Mexico. We will certainly love her as well as miss her forever.”
The statement consisted of a quote Saoirse’s grandmother Ethel, Robert F. Kennedy‘s 91-year-old widow: “The world is a little much less gorgeous today.” Police likewise validated Saoirse’s death, however did not name her in their statement, according to The New York City Times. The department verified “reported unexpected death” in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts, on the exact same road as the Kennedy house. They will be releasing an examination into the occurrence, according to a spokeswoman with the Cape & & Islands Area Attorney’s Workplace who talked with CNN. The Hyannis Fire Lt. David Webb told CNN that EMS were phoned call to the Kennedy compound at 28 Marchant Opportunity for a clinical emergency situation on August 1. A person was required to the Cape Cod Hospital. It is unclear why 911 was called.
2. She was a trainee at Boston College. Saoirse went to Boston University, where she was a communication major as well as vice president of the College Democrats. She took after granny Ethel as a devoted lobbyist. She took part in the 2018 March For Our Lives adhering to the capturing at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, among other objections. Her family members claimed in their statement that she was “passionately moved by the root causes of civils rights as well as females’s empowerment and also found terrific delight in volunteer work.”
3. She talked freely concerning her struggles with mental disease and how it got worse after a sexual assault in secondary school. Saoirse penned an article in 2016 for the student paper at Deerfield Academy, a private Massachusetts preparatory college, which described exactly how clinical depression affected in her day-to-day life. Anxiety, she created, “settled in the beginning of my middle school years as well as will certainly be with me for the rest of my life … Although I was mainly a happy child, I experienced bouts of deep unhappiness that felt like a heavy rock on my breast.”
Saoirse took place to create that she attempted to overlook her anxiety, and things seemed to improve until 2 weeks prior to her junior year in senior high school began, when her depression “came back and planned to remain.” Points became worse when a person she “knew and also enjoyed” broke “severe sex-related limits” with her. “I did the worst point a victim can do, as well as I acted it hadn’t happened. This all came to be way too much, and also I attempted to take my very own life.” Saoirse stated she got in a treatment facility for her clinical depression sometime throughout her junior year, and came back to institution when she was an elderly.
4. Her dad, Paul Michael Hill, is one of the Guildford 4. Saoirse invested component of her childhood years in Ireland with her Irish father, according to the New York Times. Her daddy is among the Guildford 4, people who were wrongly implicated of involvement in Irish Republican Military bombings at a bar in England, in 1974. He invested 15 years behind bars, up until his conviction was overturned in 1993. Paul and also Saoirse’s mom wed in 1994; they separated in 2006.
5. Saoirse’s fatality is the latest in a string of disasters to befall the Kennedy family. A number of members of the Kennedy family members have actually died young, as well as in scary circumstances. JFK was assassinated in 1963. RFK, a legislator and presidential candidate, was assassinated in 1968. Their sibling Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. was eliminated in World War II, while their sis Kathleen Cavendish died in an aircraft collision in 1948. JFK’s son, John F. Kennedy Jr., and his other half Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy were killed in an airplane collision in 1999. David Anthony Kennedy passed away of an overdose in 1984.