Absolutely everyone has actually been adjusting into ‘You’ because it hit Netflix in Dec. 2018– figure out what you need to know about the program’s lead, Elizabeth Lail!
Elizabeth Lail, 26, plays college student author Guinevere Beck on brand-new Netflix program Youthat succumbs to 32-year-old Penn Badgely’s character Joe Goldberg and his manipulative, treacherous means. Read on for five things you must find out about the beginner starlet!
1. Before her role on You, she played Princess Anna on ABC’s Once. “I’ve constantly intended to be a Disney princess, and also right here I am,” Elizabeth stated for an interview while filming the show in 2014. She then acted in Dead of Summer as Amy Hughes in 2016, and had a couple other guest functions prior to touchdown You.
2. She does not assume Joe is all negative.While lots of that have enjoyed Youare entirely frightened by Joe’s actions, Elizabeth found some way to get in touch with his character. “There’s potentially some type of love going on between the two [Joe and Beck],” Elizabeth stated at the BUILD series. “Though it resembles, compulsive, and also harmful and terrible in this day in age, you recognize, everyday we’re all attempting to love the best we can. We’re frequently not prospering at that. Joe resembles everybody else in that way.” Well, it’s great that Elizabeth located some good in Joe, given that she had to act out loving him! “They make a good suit,” she claimed later in the same meeting, as well as after Penn provided her a look, she added, “Somehow!”
3. You is based off a novel of the exact same name. The tv show’s source material comes from a collection by writer Caroline Kepnes, 42. There’s a 2nd book, aptly-titled Hidden Bodies.
4. She isn’t large on social networks, unlike her personality, Beck. In a SPECIAL meeting with HollywoodLifein Sept. 2018, Elizabeth claimed she’s “not that linked” to social media. “I don’t seem like I’m giving too much of myself on it or that it’s going to be a part of my life for life,” she claimed. “I’m not that connected to it, and that’s continued to be about the exact same.”
5. Elizabeth is close friends with You cast-mates in reality. She has posted images on her Instagram with Penn, Nicole Kang, 27, who plays Lynn, as well as Kathryn Gallagher, 25, who portrays Annika. Elizabeth spent New Year’s Eve with Nicole and Kathryn!